Airframe Structural Design Engineer (ref. 2012-001-CDN)
Infotech Enterprises provides leading-edge engineering solutions, including product development and life-cycle support, process, network and content engineering to major organizations worldwide. With nearly two decades of continuous growth, Infotech leverages a "Global Delivery and Collaborative Engineering" model to achieve measurable and substantial benefits for our clients.
Design engineer on existing or new development program. Designs and develops structural engineering from concept through layouts for components and assemblies involving metals, non-metallic or composite structural materials for product design.
Typical components designed include: Primary Structures such as Skins / Stringers, Frames, Floor structure, Pressure Bulkheads / Pressure Floors, Door surround structure and fairings as well as secondary structures.
Develops and maintains engineering bills of material and product structures. Applies the technical principles, theories, and concepts in the Airframe Design. General knowledge of other related disciplines is needed. Coordinates the inputs of a variety of disciplines including stress, manufacturing engineering and product support to ensure all engineering requirements are incorporated into the design. Activities will include developing work packages for remote design teams at Infotech delivery centers.
- The successful candidate will typically have an engineering bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five (5) to ten (10) years of related aerospace structural design experience.
- Proficiency in detail design of sheet metal/machined and composite components is required.
- Familiar with aircraft materials and processes related to structural design.
- Have a basic understanding of the stress and load paths related to structural design.
- Familiar with Assembly and installation data sets.
- Experience with CATIA V4 and V5 and Enovia.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Must have excellent computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
The position requires access to or use of “controlled goods”, which includes controlled technical data, information, hardware and software. Any applicant must, accordingly, be eligible to meet requirements of the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and any other relevant government security clearance(s) and applicable requirements.
Location: Mirabel, Quebec
Please, send your resume to this address: christiane.robitaille(at)infotech-enterprises.com and put the reference number.